LWRWC Experiences “Cordon Bleu” at Apron’s Cooking School
By Monika Templeman, LWRWC Publicity Chair
On Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2015 at 6:30 pm, Lakewood Ranch Women’s Club (LWRWC) members enjoyed a delectable dining experience with spouses and friends at Apron’s Cooking School (located on the upper level of Publix at 2875 University Parkway.)
Everyone in attendance was impressed with this unique event coordinated by the Event Chair, Lenoire Bredt and Registration and Program Chair, Phyllis Fox with this and delighted to discover this amazing epicurean treasure so close to home.
What a perfect way to prepare for holiday entertaining by watching three highly skilled Chefs, Bob, Allen, and Marc, demonstrate how easy it is to create gourmet delights by pairings ” cordon bleu” recipes with delicious wines.The cooking demonstration was delightfully entertaining, as each chef mixed a touch of humor, pathos and passion with detailed directions on how to properly prepare each delicious dish.
The wonderful gourmet menu included:
- Fire roasted red pepper & pluot bruschetta
- Baby spinach & grilled vegetable salad with champagne vinaigrette
- Grilled grouper& shrimp in cedar papillote with roasted garlic smashed potatoes
- Honey mascarpone stuffed grilled pound cake with amaretto berries & toasted almonds
- Three lovely wine pairings to complement the fabulous foods.
Best of all, the 22 participants were able to enjoy the fantastic results as they dined on four courses of fine cuisine in a fun and festive environment in the company of friends – Bon a petit and our compliments to the chefs!